Painting the exterior of your home is a necessary and vital part of maintaining your home’s longevity. Keeping proper coatings on all exterior surfaces of your home protects those surfaces.
At LUND Painting our motto is “We paint every house like it is our own”.
Our Process Overview
During our initial visit we will walk around your house with you to examine all surfaces in need of new coatings. We will explain each type of surface and the preparation for the top coating. Processes may vary, including the products for each type of surface. We will provide you with an estimate that explains the process and products we would apply to your home. We only use high-quality primers, sealants and topcoat products at LUND Painting.
We enjoy educating our customers and keeping them informed over the painting process. Additionally, we offer information about how to maintain your home. In today’s technological world, our customers have the opportunity to research different types of products and processes. Painting the exterior of your home is a complex process and can be confusing. We are here to educate our customers and are happy to answer all questions.
Choosing Your Colors
If requested we will help guide you through the color choosing process to find not only the colors that fit the style of your home, but the colors you will love. We understand that different homes styles look good with different color combinations. Choosing the right color for your home can be overwhelming, so we are here to help with suggestions and show samples of colors that we have used in the past..
Our Painting Process
Through our many years of experience, we have continuously improved our preparation techniques and process. It is the preparation tasks that ensure all topcoats applied to your building are completed at the highest standards possible.
- All surfaces to be painted are washed. While pressure washing has historically been the washing standard of most painting companies, we understand that shooting high-pressure water directly at your home can cause more damage than it does good. We are careful to use low pressure to wash the home to avoid unnecessary damage.
- It is true that paint preparation of your home is 90% of the finished quality result. We take the time to examine and address all bad areas of the exterior surfaces of your home, including:
• Flaking paint
• Cracked siding
• Cracked trim
• Failed caulking
• Wood rot
We cut out compromised and failing caulk and apply new elastomeric-caulking.. We examine the exterior of the home and look for nails that have popped out or screws that have come loose and address all areas to ensure your house is clean and tight before applying any primers or paint.
- The primers we use are of the highest quality and each primer is specifically chosen for the surface of application. There are numerous primers that we use and we specify each in the estimate for any further clarification if the customer would like to research.
- The top coating products that LUND Painting uses on residential homes are of the highest quality. We apply our products according to the product specifications and recommendations to ensure the finished product of each surface is of the highest standard possible.
- Upon the completion of each job, we review the project with you prior to signing off on the completed project. We take pride in the LUND name and we do not sub our work out to other paint companies hoping they do the correct job. The painters working on your house are always employees of LUND Painting, so our customers can be confident that the job will be done correctly.
Our project managers work closely with each job lead and check-in on the jobs during each phase of the painting process to ensure that all preparation, primers and topcoats are addressed and applied correctly. You will always have a LUND project manager’s phone number to call directly, during the project, to answer all questions or concerns.
We have a workmanship guarantee of two years. The only surfaces that we do not guarantee are horizontal surfaces such as handrails or deck floors.
Back to Services